RBI in sync with government efforts to accelerate growth: Shaktikanta Das
Global economic uncertainty due to trade tensions, corporate leverage and sector-specific issues have been a drag on growth.
RBL Bank looks to sell shares to raise Rs 3,500 crore: CEO
Move to help bank explore newer lending areas, maintain growth in retail banking.
IndiGo to expand board; to have 4 independent directors
The decision, taken during the company’s board meeting on July 20, also comes against the backdrop of feud between co-promoters over corporate governance issues.
Accommodative policy means rate hike’s off table, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
You see once we are on an accommodative mode, it means we cut the rates or we maintain status quo, RBI Governor said.
Oil gains as Gulf tanker seizure raises tensions
Brent crude futures were up 51 cents, or 0.8%, at$62.98 a barrel by 0042 GMT.
Draghi may set stage this week for move to fire up Euro area
Draghi will have fresh insight into the economy with consumer confidence data due for release on Tuesday.
Next edition of DefExpo to be held in Lucknow: Defence Ministry
It will be the first time that Lucknow will host the exhibition in which delegates of a number of leading countries will participate.
RBI Closely Monitoring 50 Shadow Banks For Signs Of Contagion
In its latest Financial Stability Report, the Reserve Bank of India warned that any failure among the largest of the non-bank finance companies or housing finance firms could cause losses comparable.
IMF, World Bank should consult developing economies before deciding on them: RBI official.
RBI Governor Das Sees Positives for India Economy: Read His Words
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said that effectively, the rate cuts has been 100 basis points if you take into account the change in stance.
DHFL lenders may offer six-month moratorium on loan repayments
During moratorium, DHFL would only pay the due interest on outstanding bonds, sources told ET.
Insurer’s stock fund picks infrastructure over consumption
Govt plans to spend about Rs 1.6 lakh crore on transportation infrastructure this year.
North Korea leader votes in elections with 99.98% turnout: KCNA.
Reliance Jio To Focus On Subscriber Numbers Not Tariffs
Its strategy is aimed at prolonging the pressure on rivals such as Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea, whose revenue and profits have plunged since the launch of Jio.
RBI’s Das says interest-rate stance depends on data
The RBI has been the most aggressive central bank in Asia this year.
- RBI’s change in stance as good as additional 25 bps rate cut: Shaktikanta Das.
- $1 billion support programmes in Andhra Pradesh to continue: World Bank.
Government Wants Fair Trade Regulator To Review Big Four Auditors: Report
The Big Four do auditing work for almost 60 per cent of the top 500 companies that trade on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), according to corporate data tracker NSE Infobase.
Etihad Airways, Hinduja Group reopen talks to evaluate Jet Airways bid: Report
The two companies are exploring funding requirements to pay creditors and revive the airline
- Tokyo Plast Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 11.46 crore, up 26.76% Y-o-Y
- Chandrayaan 2 Launch LIVE Updates: ISRO gears up for India’s 2nd Moon mission; less than 2 hours to go.
- BSNL employees’ union seek Rs 6,000cr in short-term funding from Govt: Report
- SAT allows SEBI two months time to file reply in NSE colocation case
Supreme Court Stays Essar Steel Sale To ArcelorMittal
Essar Steel is under a debt of Rs 30,030 crore to financial creditors and Rs 11,969 crore to operational creditors
IL&FS Transportation Networks defaults on NCD interest payment.
IL&FS and its subsidiaries have defaulted on many debt instruments over the past months.
- Oriental Bank Standalone June 2019 Net Interest Income (NII) at Rs 1,371.62 crore, up 2.54% Y-o-Y
- Chandrayaan 2 Launch LIVE Updates: Spacecraft successfully injected into Earth’s orbit.
- Srikalahasthi Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 360.82 crore, up 21.8% Y-o-Y.
- Hindustan Media Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 217.94 crore, down 3.8% Y-o-Y.
- Rajratan Global Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 86.60 crore, up 15.38% Y-o-Y.
- Oriental Bank Standalone June 2019 Net Interest Income (NII) at Rs 1,371.62 crore, up 2.54% Y-o-Y.
- Wendt Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 34.25 crore, down 7.93% Y-o-Y.
NTPC to seek shareholder nod to raise Rs 15,000 crore via bonds, hike borrowing limit
The funds raised will be used for capex, working capital and general corporate purposes.
ISRO ‘s Chandrayan-2 successfully enters the orbit
GST Council may weigh GST on petroleum goods at July 25 meet
The council is expected to take up the proposal on rate cut on electric vehicles from 12% to 5%.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Profit Rises 33% In June Quarter
Kotak Mahindra Bank’s net Interest Margin for first quarter of current financial year improved by 21 basis points to 4.49 per cent.
GSK Pharma Q1 net profit up 35% at Rs 113.54 crore
Standalone total income of the company also rose to Rs 818.78 crore for the quarter
Government Panel Recommends Ban On Cryptocurrency
The panel’s report and a suggested draft legislation will be examined by the government and regulators before taking a final decision
Coromandel Int Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 2,132.38 crore, down 15.31% Y-o-Y