Sushma Swaraj passes away at 67, PM Modi says ‘glorious chapter in Indian politics ends’
The former External Affairs Minister was rushed to AIIMS earlier, hospital to release bulletin soon.
‘I was waiting to see this day in my lifetime’: Sushma Swaraj’s final tweet was on Article 370
Hours before she was rushed to AIIMS, Swaraj had congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Rupee Forecast To Gain Nearly 2% In A Year From Recent Low: Poll
Rising political risk after the government revoked the special status of Kashmir knocked the rupee on Tuesday, pushing it to a five-month low of near 71 per dollar.
China ‘blackmailing’ India into using Huawei 5G infrastructure, says US Congressman.
CBDT lays out revised region-wise direct tax collection target
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on August 5 laid out the target for achieving the government’s revised direct tax collection of Rs 13.35 lakh crore.
IIFL Wealth in advanced talks to buy L&T Finance Wealth at Rs 250 crore
Wealth management firms handle the money of mostly rich clients.
Credit Suisse upgrades India to ‘small overweight’
Indices have fallen about 10 per cent from record high levels.
- India contributes $5 million to UN agency working for Palestinian refugees
- M&M likely to see double digit fall in Q1 profit, EBITDA amid muted volume growth.
Avenue Supermarts falls 2% as promoter to cut stake in company
The stake sale will be done between August 8 and September 14 or the actual date of completion of the sale of all equity shares.
RBI Seen Lowering Key Lending Rate For 4th Time This Year: LIVE Updates
Since February, the RBI has reduced the repo rate by 75 basis points in three successive policies.
Consumer Inflation Likely Rose To Nine-Month High In July: Poll
The July 31-August 6 poll of 30 economists showed retail inflation rose to 3.20 per cent in July from a year ago, a touch above June’s 3.18 per cent.
Dish TV climbs 4% as merger deal with Airtel Digital TV on track
Dish TV stock has lost 37% of its market value and scrip has fallen 20% in last 1 month.
HCL Tech to post Q1 result today; here’s what brokerages expect.
Q1 Results: Titan’s Shares Rise 3% Even As Profit Misses Estimates
Titan’s net profit rose 6.2 percent year-on-year to Rs 371 crore, missing estimates.
Indiabulls housing repeats lacklustre numbers with both profits & NII seeing de-growth
in this quarter. Tune in at 9:35 AM for the discussion with Gagan Banga, VC & MD, Indiabulls Housing.
A 25 bps rate cut may already be in the price but the clamour for a deeper rate cut rises as economy struggles amid slowdown blues.
Reliance and BP deepen partnership in India – – plan to open nationwide network of fuel pumps. JV to be owned 51% by Reliance – plan to roll out over 5,000 petrol pumps.
Titan hits 6-month low as global brokerages cut target price after Q1 nos.
RBI Cuts Repo Rate For Fourth Time This Year, EMIs Set To Get Lower
The last time the Reserve Bank of India made so many back-to-back repo rate cuts was after the global financial crisis over a decade ago.
RBI cut interest rate by 35bps, CRR unchanged
- GDP projection adjusted to 6.9% for this year from the earlier projection of 7%
- Fortis Health Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 178.80 crore, up 14.37% Y-o-Y
- Manali Petro Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 180.72 crore, up 2% Y-o-Y.
- GSFC Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 1,707.70 crore, down 3.54% Y-o-Y.
RBI to allow Bank lending to NBFCS for lending to agriculture, Banks’ counter party exposure limit to single a non bank finance company raised to 20% of its Tier-I capital from 15%.
- Thomas Cook Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 2,317.55 crore, up 11.18% Y-o-Y.
- Indowind Energy Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 6.21 crore, down 8.58% Y-o-Y.
- Honda Siel Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 205.37 crore, up 13.27% Y-o-Y.
- Shree Renuka Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 1,049.00 crore, up 7.22% Y-o-Y.
- Lakshmi Elec Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 32.72 crore, down 32.08% Y-o-Y.
- Sundaram Fin Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 923.08 crore, up 22.56% Y-o-Y.
- Xelpmoc Design Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 1.21 crore, up 6.7% Y-o-Y.
- The Investment Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 65.23 crore, down 5% Y-o-Y.
- The Investment Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 138.79 crore, up 7.91% Y-o-Y.
HCL Tech Q1 results: Sequential fall in Ebit likely, all eyes on Mode-2 biz performance
The IT firm is expected to retain its guidance of 7 to 9 per cent for organic revenues and 18.5-19.5 per cent Ebit margin.
RBI cuts repo rate by 35 bps to 5.40%, maintains accommodative stance
RBI had cut the policy rate by 75 basis points prior to this review.
“Clearly, RBI Is Leading From The Front”: Anand Mahindra On Rate Cut
In the earlier three policies, the central bank had reduced repo rate by 25 basis points each.
J&K Bank locked at upper circuit as Centre mulls takeover options
Article 370 scrapped: Govt to expedite hydel projects in J&K
The task is seen as strategically vital in the context of China developing the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
Happy feat: Humboldt penguins help Mumbai’s Byculla zoo earn Rs 10.57 crore.
Central Bank of India shares jump nearly 19% post Q1 results
Central Bank of India on Tuesday reported a net profit of Rs 118.33 crore for the June quarter 2019-20.
- M&M Q1 profit surges 80% to Rs 2,260 crore aided by one-time gain.
- Cummins Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 1,343.04 crore, up 1.14% Y-o-Y
- Sayaji Industri Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 174.94 crore, up 21.7% Y-o-Y.
- Bajaj Electric Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 1,297.78 crore, up 13.85% Y-o-Y
- Samkrg Pistons Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 58.73 crore, down 11.35% Y-o-Y.
- Paushak Ltd Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 35.87 crore, up 20.13% Y-o-Y.
- Linaks Micro Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 0.22 crore, up 62.36% Y-o-Y.
- M&M Consolidated June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 26,041.02 crore, down 0.08% Y-o-Y.
- Sudarshan Chem Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 382.99 crore, up 11.8% Y-o-Y
- Cipla Q1: Consol PAT At Rs 478 Cr vs Rs 451 Cr YoY
- Consol Total Revenue From Ops At Rs 3,989 Cr vs Rs 3,938 Cr YoY
- Precision Wires Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 427.01 crore, down 3.47% Y-o-Y
- Welspun Corp Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 538.33 crore, down 60.61% Y-o-Y
- Voltas Standalone June 2019 Net Sales at Rs 2,536.80 crore, up 27.72% Y-o-Y
- SoftBank Group Q1 profit triples to $10.5 billion
Mahindra & Mahindra Sees “Huge Danger” Of Job Losses In Auto Sector
M&M reported a June-quarter consolidated profit that nearly halved from a year ago to Rs 914 crore.
Cipla Profit Rises 6% To Rs 478 Crore In June Quarter
Cipla’s revenue from its pharmaceuticals business increased 1.22 per cent to Rs 3,959.93 crore in the quarter ended June 30.
RBI Lowers GDP Growth Forecast To 6.9% For 2019-20
The RBI said various high frequency indicators suggest weakening of both domestic and external demand conditions.
- Pakistan to suspend bilateral trade, downgrade diplomatic relations with India over Article 370
- Tata Steel Ltd Q1: PAT At Rs 693 Cr vs 1,941 Cr YoY
- Consol Revenue At Rs Rs 35,947 Cr vs Rs 35,494 YoY
- MCX delivers record gold contracts at 5,158.80 kg
RBI Moves Unlikely To Ease Pain For Struggling Shadow Banks: Experts
NBFC’s have been battling a credit crunch since IL&FS, or Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services, collapsed in late 2018 amid fraud allegations.
Essar Steel Creditors To Challenge Insolvency Law’s New Amendments
Essar Steel was auctioned under the new IBC to recover Rs 54,547 crore of unpaid dues of financial lenders and operational creditors.